Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Craziness
There is a problem. There is a little boy is Paige's class, we'll call him "Dartanian". All the girls like him. Many have tried to kiss him. (Not Paige..yet) But she is very good friends with him. Sometimes they sit together at lunch. I went in the other day and ate lunch with her and he sat next to her. He had her laughing the whole time too. She told us this morning that he physically picked her up the other day because he was trying to be funny. She's in young 5's! Not even kindergarden. I shouldn't have to worry about this till she's at least 10! Right? Or is 5 the new 10? I old her she can be friends with him and give him hugs, but absolutly no kissing!! She just laughed. His Mom is supposed to be the helping parent on Friday during the schools fundraiser, so i think i might have a chit chat with her. Get her side of this situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
"Dartanian?!" HA! Love the choice of a code name. Well, if 40 is the new 30, then 5 is technically the new -5. I don't know how that works, really. Either way, you really shouldn't have to be worrying about that sort of thing yet! Though I was telling Mom the other day that I remember having my first crush (on Jimmy Bird) in kindergarten. I was crushed (no pun intended) when he moved in the middle of first grade and didn't tell me! I remember the crush (on him) so clearly, too! But it wasn't the sort of crush you get after puberty. It was more along the lines of just wanting his attention so I could use his Crayons or play tag with him at recess. I remember, he was the Troll in our kindergarten play, "The Three Billygoat's Gruff," and I was the Troll's pet frog. Sigh. Who said fairy tales can't come true? ;)
Oh boy. Maybe I shouldn't have given her all my extra make up and taught her how to apply it.
Don't forget Jainyn's first kiss was last year in preschool. The teacher had to hold me and the boy's parent back to let us know. Fortunately, it was the boy who sat on Jainyn and kissed her, not Jainyn who attacked. I thought it was pretty funny since I thought for sure we were being held after because Jainyn beat the other child up.
The earliest moves I remember is when a boy named Freddy tried to look up girls' skirts while we were on the playground and that was in third grade. Be glad that girls don't have to wear dresses or skirts to school every day!
Post a Comment