I had my 10 year class reunion on Saturday (june 5th). I was really nervous about going. I was not popular in high school, I was a band geek, Although, if you ask anyone, band was cool in MY high school. (I always wondered how many people say that, but it's not really true. Of course, that's not the case here...)
It was at an Irish Pub called Conor O'Neills in downtown Ann Arbor. I was excited, but terrified. Jim was working that night, and would have been really bored anyway, so he didn't go with me. I made sure a couple of my facebook friends would be there and set off.
It started at 8:00 and was going till 2:00. I got there a little (fashionably) late, at 8:45. I would have left at 9:00 had it not been for my friend Andy. He was a good friend in high school and is like a brother. We get each other's humor and sarcasm and so we had a LOT of fun. We had two others that came and went in our group and then a lot of people stopped by to say hi to Andy, so were forced to mingle with me too! lol. But it was fun. Our friend Travis had a few to many and when he asked Andy to watch his drink while he went out to smoke, Andy stuck a chicken wing in his drink and swirled it around. When Travis came back and took a drink, he could tell something was wrong. He took a sip, got a weird look on his face, and then smelled it. Andy asked what was wrong and Travis said he wasn't sure. Andy said, "Does it taste like chicken?" As he took a big bite out of his chicken leg. We were laughing so hard. Latter on when I was leaving and my friend Shannon was going to walk out with me to use the bathroom, she asked Andy to watch her drink, she was a little nervous about trusting him,
he said "It's me or the back of the toilet."
Shannon said. "I better not find anything floating in there when I get back!"
Andy said: "Note to self, fish out any floaty's." :)
There were a tornado warning while we were there and when I left and got back the parking they wouldn't let us leave b/c of another one. The sirens were going off as I drove through town. Lot's of fun.
All in all, I'm glad I went. I was hoping more people would have gained weight (don't judge me, I already know I'm horrible) and I wish It would have been somewhere different so It wasn't so loud (we had to scream to the people next to us to be heard). But it was fun. I didn't leave till around 1:00 a.m.
(The guy behind me making funny faces is Andy. The girl in back is Shannon, the guy on the right is Chicken Beer Travis and the girl next to me is Alice.)


3 comments:
Oh, MAN! That chicken beer story NEVER gets old! I laugh so hard every time I even think about it! Good times! I'm so glad that you went and had so much fun!
It sounds like you had fun! If you want to see people overweight or balding, wait until your 40th reunion. Mine was interesting. I was still being ignored by the same people who thought they were cool in 1968. Note: they aren't now and they weren't then.
I'm glad it was good enough for you to stay till 1. I have to admit that I'm curious about what it would have been like. It's just a little too risky to invest a whole plane ticket for. I guess I always would have known i would be hanging out with you.
Post a Comment