When I was about ready to have Samantha I went through all the baby clothes to see what I had. I found quite a few things with stains.Since then my kids have gotten stains on clothes that refuse to come out. The problem is, i love to sew, and i look and some of their clothes and think- 'that pattern is really cute', or 'that onesie that say's "if you think i'm cute, you should see my mom" still looks alright on the front'. I have been making a huge pile of clothes that should be thrown out, but I can't. I just can't. Do you understand? So now my pile is huge,and I thought to myself that most of the things are small and I wouldn't be able to get a huge square or amount of fabric off of. So I started cutting them, and making a new pile. Of squares for baby blankets. But since they are my babies clothes, I thought that I could just keep working on them till they are older and then giving them to their kids. I know, insane. But i'm ok with it. I'll try to remember to take pictures or my progress now and then.
By the way:
I am hating winter now. I miss just going somewhere being simple. No "where are your boots, hats, gloves, coats, socks, scarves"(x3), shoveling the drive so I can get out, warming up the car, scraping windows. bla bla. I miss...."grab some flips flops..."....and done.Ha! Here are some nice pictures from summer: #1 and #3 are Ethan and Samantha at Aunt Mary and Uncle Bill's pool and #2 is Paige with Aunt Elizabeth at the Drowsy Parrot.



3 comments:
HA! That's awesome! Way to think ahead! I feel the same way about clothes sometimes - when there's a particular memory attached or something - and I've often thought that it'd be awesome to make a quilt out of them. I don't have your mad sewing skills though!
And I'm with you on the hating winter front. If it snows ONE MORE TIME....!!!
I took 2/3 of those pictures! Yay! :)
I miss summer too. I've been taking vitamin D and it's reallllly helping! For real!
Idea for baby blankets...LIKE
Totally done with winter....LIKE
Parrot on Paiges head....LIKE
Summer.......Like
Crazy friend.......LIKE:)
Post a Comment