Monday, March 07, 2011

sleep

Out of the last 4 and a half years, jim has worked nights for 3 of those years. Well today was his first day starting back on day shift. Let me tell you...neither one of us slept well last night. Sad, i know, but we have gotten so used to sleeping apart that sleeping in the same bed at the same time was rather weird. He had gone to bed about 2 hours before me so when i got in bed i layed there and thought..."he breathes really loud". Then i got an itch on my leg so i scratched it with my other leg which rustled the blankets quite a bid and made him stir, so then of course everything else started itching,because you know when you think about not wanting to move everything starts to need scratching. I ended up in a comfy spot where my hand was right next to my face so if i needed to scratch then it could be done with minimal movement. Once comfy i lie there for about .8 seconds before jim shiften....taking all the blankets off of me. Oy. This was not going well. I finally fell asleep about an hour later with a pillow on my head(to block the heavy breathing) and my hand once again positioned by my head. When jim got home this afternoon he informed me that he got up about an hour after i fell asleep because i snore!

We agreed that we just have to get used to each others (annoying) little sleeping habits. I'll let you know how things go. If you see i posted the next segment of "jim and heather:re-adjusting" at 4 am..i think you'll know how its going. Ha!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

Katherine said...

HA! Good luck with that! I'm thinking of doing a set of twin beds (Rob and Laura Petrie-style) when I get married...

Elizabeth Downie said...

That is hilarious!! Good luck!