Sorry, this took forever to get done. I have not had any luck with computers lately. Technology hates me. I am finishing this right now at the library because our computer crashed this afternoon. We had a laptop and it crashed a few months ago and now our desktop crashed. Oy. When it rains it pours. I wake every morning saying out loud to myself and anyone that is listening, "You woke up, that's something!" Lol. We did do a lot of the same one's from last year because they are easy and fun and kids love them.
So, its that time of year again. My birthday. The kids and I did our Random acts of kindness. This year it was 32. We actually did them over the whole birthday weekend. My birthday was on Saturday this year and the Friday before I took the day off from work to go on a temple trip with the kids and their Primary class at church. On that Friday we did
#1. Drop items off at the goodwill.
#2 Drop books off at laundromat for kids to read
#3 Get other people on facebook to do RAOK
Saturday we did # 4. Make an easter egg hunt and set it up at the local park

# 5. Put out bags of crayons and coloring pages around the park
#6. Put random stickers around the park


#7. Put a dollar in the toy section of the dollar store. I had to take this picture of Ethan holding up a different dollar because I watched him put the other one down and then him and I walked away for a second to get the girls and when we went back it was gone! Lol. I'm glad someone could use it.

#8. Drop pennies in the Meijer parking lot. The kids had a blast doing this, though on the way back out later on Samantha picked one up and tried to take it home. Lol. She was giggling about it and dropped it back on the ground.

#9. Putting nice notes on peoples cars for them to find.


#10.Leaving coupons around the store that people could use by the actual items. Hopefully some people were able to save some moola.


# 11.Pick up liter. We did this a few different places but I wasn't able to catch it on camera.

#12. Is another one I wasn't able to catch on camera. A little girl was trying to get on a pony and she dropped her money all over the ground. Ethan ran over and helped her pick it all up. Sweet boy.
#13. Leave pennies on the Meijer Pony.

#14. Leave quarters in the candy machines

#15. Put carts away throughout the store.

#16. Leave bottles of bubbles around a different park. We spent most of the day in Adrian so this was at Island park.
(More of these)
(and these:))
#17. Leave a thank you card and stamped envelope around town (I put one in a grocery store bathroom and one on a redbox in town) with a note that said, "Been meaning to write someone a thank you note? Here's one on us."
#18. Paige held the door for a man at Culvers
#19. I think this counts as a RAOK to my children. We got Culvers, which we all love.
#20. I left coupons to Culvers in the bathroom.
(thank you to myself)
#21. Free Compliments
#22. I put this in the bathroom when we first got there,
then went back in as we were leaving and two were gone! Wahoo!
#23. My friend Mellissa said I could do her a RAOK and bring a dessert to her daughters baptism. :)
#25. Tape bags of popcorn to Redboxes around town. Funny story: the next day someone wrote on a community facebook page that I am a part of that they really appreciated it! Yahoo! My work here is done ;)

#26. Heart attack a friends house on the day their daughter got Baptized.
#27. I don't have a picture of because we ding dong ditched 2 people. Ethan's friend Pike and Jim's Dad and step mom. Two funny stories: Ethan ran Pike's up to his door and as he was running the door started to open so Ethan jumped in the car and with the door open on the van we bolted! Lol. Then we drove over to Jim and Lorraine's and we came in the back way to their condo community so they wouldn't see us and who's just out for an evening stoll and walks right past us? Lorraine! Ha! I ducked downand the kids hid and she never saw us. We pulled down the street a bit till she went around the corner and then the kids ran in up and put it on the doorstep.
#28 and #29 I don't have pictures of either because someone in the bathroom in the stall next to me when I left diapers and wipes on the baby changing table and an inspirational saying on the bathroom stall. I didn't want them hearing me snapping pictures and think something weird was going on. Lol!
#30. Text someone a funny joke,
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Smurf
Smurf who?
Smurfette
It's a joke I made up when I was little and it's hilarious still to this day.
#31. Take flowers to someone (ethan got Ida flowers)
#32. Be kind (I know, right? I am always kind. But seriously...) Smile at someone. Check! Let someone go before in line. Check! Don't curse at the teenager who almost pulled out in front of me. Check!
So there ya have it. One more year down. It is always a little exhausting but a lot of fun.












1 comment:
Oh my goodness! You are amazing. A great friend, kind, thoughtful and creative. Thank you for all the kindness you showed my family.
Post a Comment