Saturday, June 13, 2009

Tina or bust

i sit here writing this while sitting on the floor of my bedroom and sitting next to me is Samantha who at the moment is: picture this... She just has on a diaper, wearing my black socks pulled up to her knees, laying on her tummy, chin propped on one fist while with her other hand coloring with a pen on a file folder and hair just taken out of a pig tail on the top of her head that now looks like a fauxhawk. I digress. The whole point of this blog entry is Tina Turner. I've been struggling lately with things, I won't go into it, but i wanted to let you all know that I have just decided, here in the last few minutes, that I think i would like to become a Tina Turner impersonator. I think that just might be the jazzin' up my life needs. A little.......zing..You know what I mean. Now, I understand I might look a tad different than Tina, but anyone in my family would know....I got the Hair for it. Who are we kidding. When i was in high school and i would blow dry my hair....WHOOO!! Tina Turner baby!! Plus she's got some great sass and love for life. The loud songs and crazy dancin! I'm thinking I could do it. Maybe not in front of people though. We'll see, it's ,still in the thought process.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Awww...Samantha is so cute!

And I say go for it, Tina! :)

Katherine said...

That really is an adorable image of Sammie! And I think, if you do the Tina Turner deal (which I really think you should!), that you and Bill should go on tour - Tina and Elvis! Together again!

Michelle Williams said...

I saw Ike and Tina Turner in concert when a young teen. She was a force on that stage, totally upstaged her hubby! I think you are capable of that!!! Go with Bill and upstage the heck out of him!!!

Your Samantha sounds as cute as mine! :)

Mary Burnette said...

I just remember one video where she is wearing this shiny gold silky dress....very short dress and high heels and dancing like a crazy woman....you could do it. I'll talk to Elvis and work up a tour.