Wednesday, November 25, 2009
I got the etsy blues
why can't i seem to sell anything? I have an Etsy shop (avacadomonkey.etsy.com) and have tried selling things on ebay and have not had much luck. I have sold 1 thing on ebay. A pair of Michael Jordan baby shoes. I went to a Mom2Mom sale and tried to sell things. Nada. Do I have something that repels people from me? Am i doing something wrong? I think to myself, "I make things that people will want to buy. At least things that i would want to buy for my kids". But they arn't buying. If anyone has any suggestions of things that i can do differently, or to promote my etsy shop, please let me know. I am trying so hard to make some extra money right now. Let me know what you've got.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was just looking through your stuff on Etsy, and it's SO cute! I want to buy some of them myself (as soon as I get a little extra cash)! It's really reasonably priced and great stuff - I think what you should do is get the word out and advertise more. Let women at church know about them, and keep your etsy shop in your Facebook status for a while, etc. At the next Mom-to-Mom, you could have big posters showing what your items are, and maybe even have some free cookies or other small goodies to get people to come to your shop. Once there, they'll start buying! I'll keep thinking, and we'll get you selling ASAP!!
It took 9 monhts for me to have my first sale. Go here: http://www.piddix.com/etsy.htm
and you'll get a sale faster then I did.
They were talking about Thanksgiving sales on the news tonight and saying that although sales are better this year, people are still holding on tight to their purse strings. It will get better! You have very nice things!
Post a Comment