Sunday, February 07, 2010

Pirate Party

Let me start this post by saying my sister Katherine is awsome! She provided us with an amazing "Abenture" for today. Yesterday in the mail we got this:



With instructions on a pirate Abenture!
And a great lot of Pirate booty to go with it!



Here are the kids before decorating their cupcakes


Here they are after and now eating their cupcakes.
Paige was having fun putting her Pirate earrings everywhere :
Samantha loving her cupcake with her patch around her neck

Here are the kids reading along with the narration CD Katherine did, Sound effects and all. They sat there stunned for a bit and then Samantha walked up to the computer speakers and looked at them and said "Kaka?"


Needless to say: we had a blast! What an abenture! Thanks Katherine. We had a ton of fun and will keep having fun with it all. The kids were taking turns hiding the treasure chest and then giving each other clues on where they hid it. Ethan might need a little work though:
Paige:" is it in the bathroom?"
Ethan:"No, it's in the closet!"

:) We love you Katherine and thanks for our box of fun!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you liked it!! I had a lot of fun putting it together. The pictures are so adorable! And I love that even Sammy recognized my voice! Cute! Love you all!!

Elizabeth Downie said...

That Katherine. Always trying to one up me.

I'm glad you guys had a great abenture though. Looks like a lot of fun!! :)

David and Linda said...

Thanks for sharing the adventure, er, I mean abenture! The pictures are great. There's nothing like the imaginations of chidren. Fun!

Michelle Williams said...

Wow she is a great auntie, I'm not even that good a Grandma! How fun!