Monday, February 15, 2010

Remembering

After school on friday Paige came home, opened her backpack, grabbed a bunch of papers out of it and hid them. I asked what was going on and she said it wasn't finished yet and it was a surprise.

She has finished it, and it is so cute.

Last summer, Jim surprised the kids and I by sending us up to Ludington where my family has gone for the last 22 years. It was too late notice to find anything but a hotel room towards the outside of town, but it was perfect. We didn't tell anyone in my family that we were going. We spent the weekend up in Grand Rapids with the Boyds and then on Monday drove the rest of the way to Ludington, stealthly sneaking into the resort grounds and up to the Cabin then yelling SURPRISE!! Oh, what fun. Paige talks about it all the time. This is what she was working on:


This is us at Aunt Mary and Uncle Bill's sitting in chairs outside:


This is us at the Beach. At the top is the water and sun, below that is the sand with the beach umbrella and chairs under it, then under that is us on laying on the ground.


This is us at the cabin, sitting outside on the deck


This is the kids and I (she put Jim in too, because she felt bad not including him, even though he wasn't there) sleeping at the hotel. (At the bottom she wrote "Paige was laying on a bed")




How cute is that! She remembers just little details it seems.

6 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

That just melts my heart. That's adorable that the trip meant so much to her. I hope you're saving those pictures! She's such a sentimental soul.

David and Linda said...

That is so cute! I am glad that a new generation is storing up memories of a wonderful vacation place. I still have great memories of our family vacations from the last millenium :). They make me happy. I'm glad that she was happy and will always have these memories. Very cute pictures, too. I was never good at art.

Wee Sisters Three said...

It really is so cute. I still can't believe how cute. I just love those pictures. I think it's funny how she's coloring them now. Not last summer, but 7 months later.

Katherine said...

Seriously one of the cutest and sweetest things ever! I love the details that she remembers! I may need to frame copies of those!! There are a lot of exclamation points in my comment!!!!

Giandrea said...

precious! So precious!!!

Pollz said...

she must being fighting off the winter blues by dreaming of Ludington like the rest of us. I too am impressed with you attention to detail.