Monday, May 03, 2010

Our trip to Katherine's

The kids and I went to Grand Rapids this weekend to visit my sister Katherine. It rained the whole drive there, but got nicer as the day went on. We left at 7:30 am and got to our friends house (the Boyds, It was good seeing you guys!) at about 10:30. Stayed there till noon and then headed over to Katherine's. We had some lunch, hung out and went to the John Ball Zoo. We then went to Dairy Queen and then for a drive around town. We were able to go got church with Katherine and be there when she got called as Young Women's president! Woo Hoo! Then on Sunday after hanging out for a while we headed to Lansing to watch Daniel Shawl get baptised and then headed home! Thanks for letting us invade you home Katherine. We had oodles of fun!

This was the sky on the way there (the highway was closed so it took us through the ghetto)



This is on our way there(about 10:15 am.):


This is later in the day (noon)
John Ball Zoo:
















(Samantha is looking at a couple thousand ants, moments later I walk over to tell her to look at the camera and then proceed to scream and grab her)



Almost home. 4.4 miles left






3 comments:

Katherine said...

Yay!!! You're welcome any time! Thanks for coming, I had so much fun with y'all!

Elizabeth Downie said...

How fun! I'm jealous I couldn't be there! :)

Giandrea said...

your play list makes me never want to be done with your blog. good taste.