Sunday, November 21, 2010

colors

I am making candle holder blocks that say "family" and "love" and "winter" and a few others. I can't figure out what I want to paint the winter ones. they are a 3 and a half by 3 and a half square block. I had thought about dark blue with white letters but I feel that might be too much blue and won't match peoples decor. I thought about doing black with white letters, but again, is it too muxh black? I need ideas. help!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Hmmm...I think that either the sky blue with white letters, or maybe Carolina (?) blue with the misty white. You could also take say, sky blue, and mix some tints/shades of it, and paint each block a slightly different one. Like, paint one the actual color, then add just a little bit of black and paint one that color, then a little more black, and another one's that color, etc. Then do the same with adding a little white, then a little more white, etc. You don't have to set them up so they go in order (color-wise, I mean) - mix 'em up, so the darks and lights are distributed. Does that make sense? I need some swatches! Throwing a little of that lilac into the mix could be nice, too. Alright, I'll make up some samples and show you over the weekend...am I getting to into this? ;)
Hope the drill press left your fingers alone! :)

Elizabeth Downie said...

I'm gonna leave this one to the experts. ;)

Mellissa said...

Okay, I'm going to give it a go. I think the last one in the first column and the last in the third....Plum kiss and something else. Or, the last blue one in the first column and the one UNDER leaf green....I can't read any of these!:) Let me know what you pick! Or, post em.

violet50 said...

Katherine had great artistic ideas. I was just going to say that sky blue with the misty white seems wintry to me.