Thursday, August 08, 2013

I am trying to catch up a bit. Every year the city of Saline hosts a Celtic Festival. For the past (4-100?) years my sister Katherine has been a Chairwoman for the Festival and head of the Wee Folks Island which is for kids. It is SOOO fun. Kids and parents alike love it. There are all kinds of crafts, games, ducky races, Wee Survivor, Caber tosses..etc. Lots of fun. The kids and I go every year and volunteer and the kids "help out" (I'll try to remember to tell you the story of Ethan and his air quotes later). This year there was a special surprise. MERIDA! Of course, being Scottish I have watched Brave with my kids 900 times.  The kids were all very excited. Samantha kept following her around and every time she did a story time Sam would go over and listen.

Samantha in Mill Pond


 


Samantha and Paige, front and center listening to story time with Merida.

Does Samantha look like she's enjoying this at all? :)



The kids also got to walk in the Festival parade with the bagpiper and Merida. 


and, of course, Aunt Katherine. The lady in charge.



It is always a lot of fun and I'm glad we can be a part or it each year. 


P.S Ethan has taken to using air quotes and making me crack up. Reminds me so much of Joey from friends. He came up to me and said, "Hello", "I need to go to the bathroom". He did it for an hour and I could barely breath from laughing so hard.


No comments: