I did Black Friday!
I do it every year but every year i just go to Joanns. This year i went to Walmart at 3:45 and stood there till 5:00.As i was sititng there with a very big variety of people there were a few things that made me think of this song from the fresh prince of bel air,
" Sittin' in the basement, ridin on a tricycle, girl getting in my nerves.
Goin' out of my mind, I thought she was fine, don't know if her body is her's. "
(my family might be the only one's that get that reference, just trust me..it fits)
I really wanted to get a Fur real pup for Samantha, so i found it and stood there for over an hour. I was right up there almost with my nose to the pups, when right at 5 a woman snuck in right next to me and when they yelled that we could tear off the wrapping and get to our stuff she threw her elbow out and rammed me in the chest pushing me back a step. I stood there for a second in shock when all of a sudden a woman i had been talking to all morning, who was standing on the other side, yelled "Heather, i grabbed you one!" and threw the pup over the pile to me. How funny is that?! Needless to say, i took it and ran. I also grabbed a couple barbie's and a playdo set and then got out of there.
I wasn't done yet though. I decided to go over to meijer. They had cleared out of 2 things i really wanted but was able to get Sammy 2 things i did want to get her. Got in, got out.
Not done yet..
Joann's. I was thinking i would run over there and get in and stand in a fabric cutting line for an hour, but turns out, it wasn't open yet and i was the 3rd person in line. I did have to stand in line for 30 minutes, but while i stood out there looking in the windows, i scoped out my plan of attack and got in, got my fabrics, got my batting and then power walked to the cutting area, where i was the 2nd perosn in line. Whoo hooo! In and out. I was done with all my shopping by 6:15!
Success.
3 comments:
YAY YOU!! I still can't believe that woman elbowed you out of the way! I'm glad the other woman had your back. It pays to talk to people... Well done with planning things out beforehand, too. I'm impressed! The JoAnn's in AA had no lines at 6am, but Target was a 40-minute line...but SO worth it!
Fresh Prince of Belaire - he is stuck in the basement with his "girlfriend" with the fake hair and nails. Yeah - I nailed it! Is it sad that a 59 year-old woman knows that reference? Nah - I loved that show. And I am impressed with your shopping prowess! You are the queen!
I missed Black Friday this year! I'm glad you got the fur real toy you wanteD!!!
Post a Comment