Monday, February 01, 2010

Songs of Love

I love love songs. I loved them all growing up. There are certain songs that go along with certain guys in my life. I'm not sure if they will ever read this blog, but i'll keep there names out just in case.
Now weather the words have any meaning at all, that's not my point, it's just certain songs that always remind you of someone.

(The music playing on the side are these songs)

Guy #1 : had an odd way of showing his feelings. He flirted, I would flirt back, but we never actually dated. Or so I thought. I met a girl, years later, that when I introduced myself, she said, "Oh yeah! I've heard of you. You dated ______!" So I guess maybe it was more...who knows..I digress. I've chosen two song's for him since it was these two songs that I listened too when he first moved back and that we requested at a dance one time to dance to. They are Chris Gaines "Lost In You" and "That's the Way I Remember It". They will always remind me of him.

Guy #2 was in marching band with me and he was so sweet. I had the biggest crush on him. He was so nice. He was always talking about and listening to Dave Mathews band, so any song by them. But I picked "Satelite".


Guy #3. Very wonderful guy. He became my best friend for a long time. I could talk to him about anything and I actually flew him out to go to my Senior Prom with me. He told me about this song he had heard on the radio and everytime I hear it, I think of him. It's Joe's "I Wanna Know".


Guy #4. This guy is someone I have known for a long time. He's still a friend. He's the guy that you have in your journal when you're 12 and say things like
"I am SO going to marry ___"
"Mrs. Heather ________"
" Heather +_____= Love 4ever!"
:) He's one that if you knew me at all, you knew I had a HUGE crush on him. I was and am still a HUGE Harry Connick, Jr. Fan and I remember on our way to a dance one time, we were with a group of people and he heard this song and said "this song rocks" So it will always remind me of him. Harry's "Just Kiss Me".
There are more, but I don't want to bore you.

Now for Jim: Jim's and my actual "Song" is by Lifehouse, called "Everything" Jim is a huge fan of music, so we always listened to it on our dates. He might hate me for telling this, but on one date, he sang me a song (just to be funny of course): It was Lionel Richie "Destiny". Cute. These next songs are songs that Jim and I have loved. Listen and enjoy!



4 comments:

Katherine said...

It's funny, because for some reason Alanis Morisette's "Head Over Feet" came into my head yesterday, and I HATE that song (and most of her stuff, really), in part because I think she's whiney (sorry to her fans...), but mostly I hate that song in particular because it reminds me of Micah Phillips (I'm fairly confident he or anyone who knows him won't read this) and what a jerk he was to me in high school! I much prefer the songs that have positive connotations to them!! You have some good choices! :)

Wee Sisters Three said...

i'm sure you knew everyone i was talking about too.

The Boyds said...

I so remember playing "You are my Destiny" at your wedding reception. Tyler and I love that song too and it always reminds us of the two of you. Gotta love those love songs!

David and Linda said...

My favorite love song is "The Way You Look Tonight".