The kids and I went for a bike ride this afternoon. It was a blast. Paige said she wanted to be the leader the WHOLE time. I thought we'd go around the block, maybe the "long way" around.... we went about 2 miles! :) We did go the "very" long way and then went into "the place where the dead stones are"(the Cemetery), according to Paige. We went alllllll around. She took us up and down and around and back and up and everywhere......twice. I kept telling her, "Make sure you leave enough energy to get home from the cemetery." When I was really thinking to myself after a while, "please stop. I'm dying here." :) I kept telling her, "Paige, I think you're kicking my butt." She thought that was really funny and said it the rest of the day. When we got home she walked in a said "Daddy! I kicked mom's butt!" While I layed on the floor in the dining room (that's as far as I could make in into the house) and passed out as sweat poured down my face. It was so fun though. She'd stop every now and then to "check" her bike. She would spin the pedal's and squeeze the tires, or she'd stop because she thought she heard a weird noise coming from her bike and needed to "take a look" (her own words.lol) She would also stop quiet a bit to have a sip of water out of her water bottle. She loved it, I loved it and Ethan and Samantha, in the trailer attached to my bike, loved it. They got to sit with the wind in their hair and be pulled everywhere while eating a Popsicle, who wouldn't love that!
Earlier today, since daddy was home, and awake, we went to Island Park (a huge park) to play for an hour and then to Arby's (don't judge, it's yummy, and we hadn't been there since I worked with Tyler, and Janette would come meet us for lunch and we would go there. So 6 years ago)
Then we walked around the Mall (fun for kids)
Then onto The Spotted Cow for ice cream (The kids giggled the whole time. There's cow print everywhere. On the walls, the parking lot, the toilet..etc. They thought it was hi-larious!)
Then home. It was a fun filled day!
Abenture for today, check!
4 comments:
What a fun day!!! I'm so jealous! I love a good bike ride, as well as a good building covered in cow print. ;) next time can I come? :)
Wow, that sounds like a super fun day!! :) And way to go on that bike ride! I got worn out just hearing about it. I can't imagine pulling that trailer behind my bike...!
Love this post! I'm worn out already from being preggers.
Was that Arbys in the wonderful town of Taylor? Oh how I do miss the good ol days. I think one of the few things I remember about Livingston is something about a fish smell.
Post a Comment