Saturday, February 23, 2013

Yugio


When Jim and I first got married we had one set of friends. Tyler and Janette Boyd. Tyler and Jim worked together before Jim joined the church at a finance company. And Tyler is the one who introduced Jim to the church. They were some of a few people who traveled to Washington D. C with us to see us get married. They are treasured friends. They lived in Ypsilanti and Tyler and Jim’s friendship was something special.  They had this brotherness about them. They teased and tormented each other but always had each others backs. They weren’t afraid to disagree and Janette and I joked about them having a Bromance. This is a long introduction into my story: Yugio. Jim and Tyler got into this card game called Yugio. They went through a phase of buying the packs of cards where they could find them, trading sometimes and then “dueling”. We were at their house a few nights a week.( They had a baby a few months after we got married and also had a dog, so we spend most of our time at their house.) They got so into it that they got special “card holder” things and binders for all their cards. Lots of boring nights for Janette and me. Ha! We would play card games of our own or just hang out while the boys played Yugio.  They moved about a year later and have been moving around since so all the Yugio cards got put away on a shelf, sadly forgotten (cue Toy Story image and sad music here…) Well…. A few days ago Jim found a website where he can play Yugio on the tv against a computer. He has been playing it like crazy, or should I say, a happy boy who’s been missing an old friend.  The kids love to watch him and give “helpful” suggestions. It’s cute. Today he decided to get out all his old cards and split up any duplicates he had in the binder. I was thinking they would each get about 5 or 10 but when he split them all up each kid got 40 cards. He let them each have 3 sleeves of card holders to keep their cards in and I found empty binders I keep in the basement for them to have to put everything in. Then they each wrote on some paper “Samantha’s Yugio Cards”….etc. Then I took about a million pictures of them with their binders and cards. I was just going to take a few of them holding up their binders but then Sam and Ethan wanted their picture taken with each page in their binders. It was so cute. They love them. Jim was joking that for their birthdays now we’ll just go downstairs and find old things of ours to give them. Lol.
 
Sam checking out her cards.

Paige showing off a card.

Ethan...being Ethan. He loves these cards.







1 comment:

Katherine said...

Ha! So fun! Sammy's handwriting is adorable!!