My 31st birthday was the other day and I decided to do something good for it. The kids and I spent the day doing 31 random acts of kindness. We started by making cards to take to my Grandma's apartment building. It's all older folks and we decided to tape them on their doors. The kids colored them and I think they did a great job.
RAOK#1.Brownies for the Mail Carrier.
RAOK#2. Homemade oreos for Husbands co-workers. He said they went really fast. Yay!
RAOK#4 Place an egg hunt in a local playground for some kids to find.
RAOK#5 Place baggies of stickers all over playground for kids to find! I later heard from my sister in law that she saw these and she recognized my handwriting. Ha!
RAOK#6 Take homemade Oreo cakesters to the Fire Department. The chief was there and said he would leave them out for the guys as they came in.
RAOK#7 Was taking the same thing to the police station. I did not get a picture of this because I was intimidated by the police station and didn't want to get in trouble. :) The lady was nice though and gave the kids each a sticker badge. They loved them.
RAOK#8 was bringing carts into the grocery store that were left out in the parking lot.
(are we having fun yet?)
RAOK# 9: Leaving coupons with the items they are for for other people to find. Ethan's face cracks me up.
RAOK#10 was leaving diapers and wipes in the bathroom on the changing table. I don't know about you but I have often forgotten diapers and/or wipes while out and about.
RAOK#11 was a great one. The earlier cards the kids had drawn were brought to my Grandma's apartment building and the kids taped them to doors. They liked doing this a lot.
RAOK#12. We took some kids books to the Hospital where I grew up. We walked in and asked the ladies in the front if we could drop off some books for the waiting area and they were so excited. This one felt good. They said that they had just been talking about how there were no kids books. Yay!
RAOK#13 Hug someone. Does it count if it was my own children? I think it does. It would be awkward if it was a stranger.
RAOK#14 Let my children get fast food. It doesn't happen very often and boy were they excited.
This picture has nothing to do with a random act of kindness but as we pulled out of the park my son pulled out his own tooth. It wasn't that loose. I had just touched it and told him it would come out in a day or two. Apparently he thought otherwise and wanted it out. Lol. His big sister took this picture, it's the empty space on the right.
RAOK#15. I don't have a picture of but as we were driving along a side street my oldest saw a kid locked out of a building. I'm not sure what he was doing there, I think maybe a parent was working and he got locked out, but we pulled over and I helped him get in and find his Mom.
RAOK#16 We dropped penny's in the parking lot of Walmart. What kid doesn't love to find a penny in the parking lot! I know it makes my kids day.
RAOK#17 was leaving quarters in the candy machines. Woohoo.
RAOK#18 was leaving money for the pony ride. I didn't get a picture of this either because there was a child riding it at the time and I didn't want to look like a creeper taking pictures of someone else's kid. :)
RAOK#19 was leaving notes on people cars. This got a little tricky because there was an odd amount of people just sitting in their cars. HA! We left notes that said 4 different things, "You are a wonderful person!", "You look fabulous today!", "Believe in yourself!" and "You're great!"
RAOK#20 Donate change in a jar at the check out for Cancer.
RAOK#21 Taking a bunch of stuff to the goodwill.
More in the next post!
4 comments:
What a great idea! You are an inspiration!
Seriously you are such a great example for your kids! What a super fun and giving thing to do on your own birthday! :)
This was such a great idea! A great way to teach the kids to think of others. Giving is so much more rewarding than receiving. It enlarges our souls.
These were awesome! Love the picture for 13. A total favorite!
Post a Comment