Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas

What is Christmas about? Besides the obvious answers here, i think that one of the most important things is Family. Being together.

Jim and I have had a rough year when it comes to jobs and money and it has really changed something in me. I've seen some true colors come out this year, not only in me but others. We apologize that we can't get people gifts this year, We really do. Jim and I have always loved going all out every year and watching people open things that we worked really hard at picking out for them. That's one our favorite parts. But this year we can't do that. I've decided to make fun gift baskets for everyone with some yummy foods and what nots, but that's all we can do this year. I've been thinking about this and all that keeps coming into my head when i pray every night is: Family. Just being together. Christmas shouldn't just be about presents, it should be about being toegther, right? I strive to teach my kids the real meaning of Christmas. I told Paige that it's ok that we make these baskets instead of expensive gifts because we're spending more time as a family putting them together. We're putting lots of love into them. I hope you can all understand this year. I hope that us just being with you will be enough this year.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

You kiddin'?! I love any gift that involves food!! Don't worry about it. I agree with what you told Paige, as well as with what Linus tells us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZw06AbW6Vw
We love you, gifts or not, and would MUCH rather have you guys than gifts!!!

Giandrea said...

yeah... what she said...
I love you!