Saturday, December 05, 2009

Can you hear that tune?

Paige learned to whistle! She is very excited. It started a couple weeks ago with her asking Mommy how to do it, me showing her a million times, her trying, mommy getting frustrated b/c she was insitant that she learn in one night.. Then nothing for a few weeks. Then two nights ago everyone is in bed. I'm sitting on the couch watching a scary show and i hear a faint whistleing in the distance. I mute the show, say a little prayer that it's not what is floating around in my head scaring me, and say (In my fake 'i'm not freaked out' voice".."Who's that whisteling?" I hear an enthusiastic : "It's me mom, I learned how!"
How cute is that? She's gotten very good at it and will do it for anyone that asks! I am very proud of her.

6 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

That is adorable! I remember when Grandpa Johnson taught me how to do the multiple snap with several fingers at a time. I was SO proud of myself! I'll definitely ask her to show me her whisteling next time I see her. :)

Mellissa said...

Really cute, and don't watch scary shows when it is dark or at all.

The Boyds said...

Yeah Paige! Baylor will be so excited. He is always whistling. So much so that we have had to explain to him that there are times when you shouldn't whistle (church, restaurant, etc.) It is always a treat when they first learn how to do something.

Katherine said...

Aw, cute! Now if you could teach Ethan how to snap and Samantha how to play the harmonica, they could start a band!! ;)

David and Linda said...

I think that I learned how to whistle through my teeth before I learned the pursed lips kind. I don't do the former very much because someone (I can't remember who) told me it wasn't as pretty as the other kind. Congratulations, Paige! And, good job at being falsely brave, mommy!

Giandrea said...

That story was so you... i miss your humor. P.S. your kids are super cute. Thanks for the Christmas card.