Saturday, December 12, 2009

Almost Done

For a couple years now I have been saving old Jeans that may have holes and what not. I've gotten some from other people as well.
Last year I was organizing the basement and found then all, and decided to start on a nice jean blanket for out bed. We have a nice big King size one so I cut out a LOT of squares. I got about 70% of it done and then.......nothing. I guess I got busy or maybe it's my ADD and I just couldn't focus on it anymore. Maybe got a little bored. Well, I found it yesterday and finished up all the jean part of it! All I have left to do is get a big thing of fabric to go on the back, sew it on and it will be done! Very exciting. Paige was helping me pin it today and I had it layed out on the floor. She decided to get under it and almost couldn't get out because it was so huge and heavy. Lol. Maybe I should post a warning label on it, just to be safe. It should keep us all nice and toasty this winter (I say us all, b/c the kids come into bed almost every night now . Somewhere between 5:00 and 6:30 they are all snuggled and sticking their feet in our backs)
Pictures will be posted when it is all done, don't you worry. (I know you are all waiting in anticipation) (I know I'm pathetically excited about a blanket, just humor me here.)

1 comment:

Katherine said...

That's awesome! Congrats! I'm excited to see it! Exclamation points!! ;)