Feb 20th 2012 Wednesday
I took Samantha to playgroup today. Amy first told me about
this playgroup through Lenawee’s Child a few years back. We would take Ethan,
Samantha and Savannah. Over the years it has gotten a little busier but this
year it has become out of control. Just today I saw 4 new people. Paige’s
friend Riley Benjamin’s mom Michelle is the Program leader. She’s a really nice
woman and I enjoy talking with her while there. It’s getting harder to go
though because it is just too crazy. They have it where the gymnastics teams
meet in a large gymnasium. Most of the floor has mats covering it and a long
trampoline. Samantha has a lot of fun but because of how busy it is now there
is a lot of fighting over toys and kids have
a hard time understanding taking turns. Samantha is one of the oldest
kids there and there are a lot of new Mom’s so sometimes I’ll notice that Sam
will go to play with a little one and the Mom’s get rrreeeallllyyyy over
protective and I just want to laugh. I saw this thing floating around facebook
recently that said something along the lines of, “1st kid eat dirt:
call the doctor in a complete panic, 2nd
child eats dirt: wash out their mouth, 3rd kid eats dirt: figure you don’t need to give them lunch.” I
was so overprotective of Paige when I had her. If she dropped her pacifier I
would almost just throw it away because I was worried about Germs. Then Ethan
came along and I would just rinse it off in the sink and give it back to him.
But with Samantha I would just pick it up, wipe the dirt off, put it in my
mouth and suck anything else off of it and give it to her! HAHA! Poor child.
You just learn that you don’t have to be so overprotective and weird about
things. Today while at playgroup she had a little girl come up to her and take
a doll and Samantha was trying to get it back when she fell and twisted her
ankle. She was fine after an hour of
laying on the couch,up and running around again. I’ll have to decide if I want
to take a small break for going, or maybe just go for a little while.
Paige had her first play rehearsal tonight. She had a read
through a few weeks ago and then they kept canceling rehearsals between now and
then. They had a calendar up online and it said that there was a full cast
rehearsal on Monday so I drove her over there and we waited. Two other parents
arrived with their kids and when the Director came out she said that they
didn’t need the kids. All of us were a tad bit annoyed. We mentioned that it
said on the calendar that it was full cast and she just said that she worded it
funny and that the kids weren’t needed till tonight (wed feb 20th).
Paige had a lot of fun. I was going to just sit in the hallway but there were
about 15 kids and all their parents left so I drove over to the library (which
is almost across the street from the middle school where they are rehearsing.)
for an hour. Her rehearsal is from 7-830 for now but the Library is only open till 8 so for
the last half hour I sat and waited for her in the car parked right outside of
the door. Then I went in a got her. She was humming the whole way home. She said that now she is
excited about being in it. Let’s see how she feels after a few more weeks when
they start rehearsing 5 nights a week. Ha!
1 comment:
I'm excited to see it!
Post a Comment