With Jim working midnights I have had to keep the kids quiet during the day. It has been difficult, let me tell you. Ethan, the other day, said, "Mom, let's go on an abenture!" (adventure-not a typo, that's how he says it) Well, my mind instantly thought..crap. It's winter. It cold outside. But I have been trying to think outside the box and try and find adventure for the kids. So we're not just stuck inside. As I write this, I just remembered that Katherine's resolution was to have more adventure if I'm not mistaken! I think it's a good one. So often I think, "no way. It's to cold, or to hard, or bla bla..wha wha wha, complain complain."
Today we went to the post office and bank and then I thought to myself, Ethan wants abenture-So we went to the park! I know, crazy. The whole thing was covered in snow. But they had boots and hats and gloves on (no snow pants, but they're tough kids) I had a blanket in the back of the van, so I wiped off the slides and since the structure itself has holes all over it, that part was safe. It was like this magic play thing stuck in the middle of a ton of snow. They had a LOT of fun. It started to get cold after just a little while, so we only stayed 45 minutes or so, but it was an "adventure"
Day one of adventure: success

2 comments:
This is wonderful! I think that there are so many adventures out there that we don't take advantage of because we're not in the "abenture"-seeking mindset. I'm excited for all of the adventures that lay ahead for y'all, and hope I can be a part of some of them!
Love the photos!!
Post a Comment