(The night was awful b/c we are all sick and the kids wanted to sleep in our room on the floor since they were sick. But between Ethans snoring and Paige's sleep talking and Sammy wanting to pretty much sleep on my face....well, it was a long night)
9:40 wake up (Jim let us sleep later than normal.Thanks Jim)
Spend all morning blowing noses, taking medicine, watching movies, taking more medicine, yelling at kids for not just letting me have a break, getting snacks and lysoling everything.
Decide that I have had enough and can't make lunch. Head to Mcdonalds. Realize that the heat in the car only works on full blast as of today.Yippee.
Go through the drive through.
Get home and have Ethan throw a 45 minute tantrum. Outside.. Since Jim was sleeping and we didn't want to wake him.
Get everyone calmed down and watching a movie downstairs.
Collapse on the couch for 1.5 minutes.
Start picking up the living room when Paige starts screaming, "FIRE, FIRE!"
Run downstairs to find the space heater in flames.
Grab Sammy and Ethan and yell for Paige to run upstairs.
Run upstairs.
Grab the fire exstinguisher and run back downstairs yelling to Paige to keep the younger kids upstairs.
Put out the fire.
Clean up the mess. which includes: taking out the burnt heater, vacuming the carpet, scrubbing the carpet with cleaner, vacumming up again, ocking up and bleaching all the toys that got sprayed, starting a load of laundry with clothes and blankets that got sprayed.
Start dinner.
Jim wakes up.
Collapse on couch and zonk out for a half hour.
The end.
And here i was thinking we wouldn't get an "Abenture" today.
5 comments:
Calgon, take me away!!!! lol
What a horrible day!! Being sick while trying to take care of kids must be exhausting. I really hope you start feeling better soon. Just remember, one day you'll laugh about this! (?) ;)
I'm so glad you were able to put that fire out! Dang space heaters! What is with those things!? I'm so glad you were all safe!
Oh dear. Feel better!
Hate it when everyone is sick, especially the Mom. Makes for no good terrible bad days!!! I am going downstairs right now and unplugging the space heater that is in one of the bedrooms. It is already turned off, but now I don't trust it! Yikes that is scarry!
Yeesh! I'm glad that you were able to think of it as an "abenture" at least! Hope you're all feeling better now!
HOLY SMOKES! ... get it.
There is always another day to have a "real" adventure.... like you you plan. HA.
Post a Comment