Friday, February 01, 2013

Thursday Jan 31st.



Let me tell you about my day.
It started at midnight o’clock. Paige has had a persistent cough for a few days and was coughing like crazy. I got her some medicine and went to lay back down but heard Jim stirring. He’s been sleeping in the recliner in the living room since he had his surgery. (torn labrum in his right shoulder. They put 2 anchors in the bone and reattached the labrum). He has been miserable. He came home with a catheter in his neck that attaches to a long tube that is taped all across his chest then down his side and finally into a bag he has to carry around that has the medicine that pumps into his shoulder. He needs help getting up and sitting back down and going potty (He’d hate that I told that, but like I told him, he’s seen me give birth 3 times, so nothing embarrass me and shou;dn't him). So I helped him use the latrine and then went to lay down. I fell asleep but then around 2:30 Paige’s coughing woke me up. She woke and came into my room to sleep but Samantha and Ethan were in my bed already and after a few minutes of her coughing into the air I had her get up and her and I went to sleep in Sam and Ethan’s room. I remade their beds (they were filled with stuffed animals, toys and misc. items) and we each laid in one. I was just on the brink of falling asleep when I hear, “Heather”. I got up and helped Jim get up out of the chair and while he was in the bathroom I laid down on the couch to wait,wrapped my body in a warm blanket  and fell lightly asleep. Not the good asleep, but the “newborn baby” asleep where your body is on alert for any noise. As soon as I heard the bathroom light switch off I jumped up and helped him back into the chair. He was very uncomfortable though and kept need help switching things around so I ended up sleeping on the couch so I could be close to help. Luckily sleep did come around 4:00 and we all slept till 7:15.
Morning routine ensued: get dressed (with socks and shoes or else no TV in the morning),breakfast, brush teeth, brush hair, make lunches, say prayer..etc. I dropped the kids at school, went to get gas and then headed to the store to pick up a few things. While pulling into the grocery store I looked at the clock, which said 8:39. At this moment I realized I had forgotten that I had a dentist appointment at 9:00 in Clinton (10 minutes away). I peeled out of the store parking lot, drove home real quick and ran in to tell Jim I had forgotten about the dentist. Then I debated about going. It would be about 30 dollars or more for me to go, which normally would be a great price, but when you’re a family of 5 and only have 100 dollars a week coming in to pay all the bills, well…..it’s stressful and 30 dollars is a HUGE amount of money. It was a very bothersome tooth so I decided to go. We had gotten $50.00 from the insurance company  for gas for driving to get an MRI out in Allen Park so I had put $30 of it in after dropping the kids off.  I was wondering how I was going to pay for the tooth, figuring I would just have to take 10 out of the checking account. Bummer. I got the tooth done and went to pay. The lady say’s, “ That will be $20.65”. In my wallet I had $20.70! WOOHOO! Prayer answered.
On the way home I got a phone call. A lady from Adrian Public school called to set up an interview. I think it’s just a part time custodian job, but it could be good! Who knows. I will let you know tomorrow how it goes.
  

2 comments:

Katherine said...

That is COMPLETE INSANITY!!!! I admire you and how strong you are!! And what a blessing about the dentist's visit!!! YAY!

Mellissa said...

YES! Not about the no sleep but what a blessing at the dentist and job interview! So happy for you. I looked online for jobs at Onsted schools but they didn't have postings. I will stop in the Board of Education office next time I'm at school and see.